The aim of this article is to guide students for studying effectively back home. Experience has revealed that private studies is always have a major contribution in passing the exams beside other inputs such as taking lectures regularly etc. Here are some tips for CAF09/F8/P7 students who will be sitting forthcoming Exams.
- Calculate your total available free time;
- Allocate best available time for studies out of your free time;
- Make a time table of daily studies for CAF09/F8/P7;
- Utilise your stipulated time as much as possible avoiding time wasters;
- Have a check on your time table and commit yourself to the strict plan;
- Be flexible to alter your time table to make studies effective;
- Monitor compliance of time table to be aware of your consistency;
- Avoid Time wasters during study time e.g. mobile calls/sms etc.;
- If you can’t concentrate on studies then take a short break;
- Make use of lecture notes taken in the class for your private studies;
- Recall lecture and figure out your understanding of the topic;
- Make use of past papers to understand examiner’s expectations.
Views expressed by
Abdus Salam Jan – FCA, FPFA